1) put your two pieces of fabric right sides together and cut the outline (no need to use a pattern, you really can't screw this up... any odd shape is a good monster shape)
2) On the front, sew on your eyes (the more mis-matchy the better, layer them even), nose, and pocket mouth
3) Pin the ribbon "hair" in place (remember to pin it towards the inside of the pillow, because you'll be flipping it inside out and want the ribbons on the outside eventually... I messed up the first time!)
4) Sew pieces right sides together around the outside to make the pillow, leaving a couple of inches open to flip inside out and to stuff it.
5) Stuff to your little heart's content, then hand stitch it closed.
6) Voila! Now monsters in the room at night will be a good thing!
I'm searching for a few good gifts to make this year, do you have any suggestions? :)