Architect Jack DeBartelo and Pastor Felix (far right), dreaming up the new church home
I'm also trying to begin to start coordinating my family's attire for family pictures. In a normal family picture, I attempt to style us with what already exists in our closets, only to get frustrated and go into a frantic last ditch effort hours before we are set to go, then resort to wearing something that instantly I am disappointed in. This is really vain and super lame, I know. I am determined to have a picture that I LOVE. But here's my conundrum: our picture will not only serve as our Christmas card pic, but also as the family picture that gets plastered everywhere as the "support this missionary family" pic.
So, requirements for the 2011 Krull Family Picture are:
1. make me not cringe out of embarrassment for not losing those 15+ pounds that I promised myself I would lose
2. Capture all three kids adorable-ness (that one's a piece of cake)
3. Receive Gary's approval
4. It can't be too polished or flashy ("support this super high maintenance family, they're going to be 'missionaries'"... not the impression we're trying to give)
5. It can't be too tattered and pathetic ("support this poor martyr missionary family"... also not the impression we're seeking)
6. I want it to be colorful, and unique
This is kind of a lot of requirements of one simple family picture, don't you think? I'm also mildly ashamed that I'm putting so much thought and energy into this. Not ashamed enough to keep it to myself and not post on the Internet, but still.