Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Seven

My precious Buddy Boy,

     Today you are seven years old.  Years.  I just really can't believe how fast these years have come and gone.  I feel so blessed to be your mom, and at times feel totally incompetent to mother you.  You are so smart.  It is ridiculous.  There will be a day, in the not so distant future, when I just won't have the answers to your questions.  You are such a thinker.  You are also really really funny, and we get the same jokes.  You're pretty clever.  You're also really really spontaneous.  That's my nice way of saying that you lack a lot of self-control and are impulsive.  I'm praying that God will use this trait somehow, and that you'll gain some self-control with maturity.  There will be a day, when I will miss your random cartwheels down the aisle at Target, or in line at Chipotle, but right now it's pretty annoying.  But I still love you. 

   You love God.  And for this I am so thankful.  I know that things in this world will try to tear your faith down, and damage your innocence.  Despite this, and probably because of it, I pray everyday for you, that you will grow strong in the Lord.  I have believed since your big personality began to take shape, that God has big plans for you.  My prayer is that you will work for and love God in whatever He has planned for your life. I think you're amazing, and God has gifted you with so many talents.  Stay humble.  Serve others.  Love God first.

     You are so special to me Noah Loyal.  I became a mother because of you.  My heart swells with love for you.  Your eighth year will be a big one, sweet sweet boy.

Love,
Mom

Birth day
12/21/04

First Birthday
Bright blue eyes, big kissable lips, and one sweet cowlick


Second Birthday
Such a ham 


Third Birthday
Pretending to be shy while people were singing to you... you even told me you were pretending 


 Fourth Birthday


Fifth Birthday
Birthday trip to Disneyland with just mom and dad... with a stop in Cabazon where you pretended to be a baby T-Rex... this is my favorite picture of you ever.  It so captures your personality. 

Sixth Birthday
Same crazy cowlick and awesome smile 


Seventh Birthday
Baby teeth are gone... and the awkward phase begins.  I still think you're handsome.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be shy, leave a comment!