1. We found this guy in our yard.
After consulting our tarantula expert friend, we found out that this is a Haitian Brown Tarantula, probably about 10 years old.
2. We washed clothes by hand
A lot of clothes. A lot. I have a healthy respect for people who do this every day, for all the days of their lives. This is a full time job ya'll.
3. We found a lot of these loud little suckers
Some were only the size of my thumbnail. They are so very cute, and obnoxiously loud.
4. We celebrated Thanksgiving with about 60 other missionaries and expats from around the world all living in Haiti.
Turns out if you get a bunch of Americans and put them in a third world country, they will still be able to scrounge up enough turkey and pie and potato dishes to make you feel like breaking out the fat pants when you're done eating.
5. We waited patiently for our shipping crate.
Still not here.
6. I made about eleventy million dozen homemade tortillas.
You can't get tortillas in Haiti. Oh the travesty! Thanks be to Pinterest for saving the day. They were so very tasty.
7. These guys arrived in Haiti from Arizona yesterday and are helping us buy a car and get our crate out of customs.