Sunday, July 7, 2013

Oh What Fun.

 This is a short documentary of my favorite things from the past few weeks...  

 This is me, trying to explain the game Pin the Tail on the Donkey to the GNO kids.  They all stood in stone cold silence, and as far as I could tell, they thought I was a total whackadoo.  It was if I could actually read their minds, "you want me to pin a what on a what?"  My enthusiasm could not be extinguished.  We pressed on.  It only took one person to stray so far from that bourik's heiny, that the whole bunch began to cheer wildly, and we all began laughing so hard.   Not long after that, the adults even began taking turns.  So much fun.


We celebrated the 4th in style with a whole gaggle of Americans, Haitians, and Aussies.  We had burgers.  Real burgers, made from real beef (I think?).  My big girl made her Mama proud, and came up with this patriotic ensemble by herself.


This girl was just there for the unattended dessert table.

The evening concluded with real fireworks set off from the roof.  It was a little sketchy but no one lost a hand.  Before we went home, April forced us into a rousing rendition of the national anthem.  Thank you Salvants for throwing an amazing party!

I'm telling you, there are legitimate reasons why I always wanted a sister.  This kind of shenanigan is one of them. Stuck in traffic, these two are giggling like crazy ladies over their diaper hats.  It was so funny.


 We have been having GNO kids over to our house on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays for summer enrichment activities.  Something that is seriously lacking in Haitian school curriculum is hands on problem solving activities.  Because of that, we have been doing a lot of activities that require using problem solving skills.  We have been having a great time with the kids and hope that they love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be shy, leave a comment!