Saturday, May 22, 2010

My New Gig

My secret dream was always to be a mom who got to stay at home with her kids. When I became a mom, that dream was so far off from reality, that I soon had to dismiss it completely, lest I be discontent with what God had provided for our life. Three years ago, I got the chance to teach part time, three days a week, rather than five days a week. I was thrilled, I felt completely blessed. Thanks so much Lord, for giving me more time with my own precious two, I prayed. With baby number three on the way, we decided to take a little (okay, maybe huge, but I'm not worried) leap of faith, and drop down to one income so I could stay home and be the full time mom and home-maker that I always yearned for deep down. Can I just say that I feel completely shocked and awed by how God provides, even "in this economy". We will make big sacrifices, financially... and perhaps won't be able to sock away a huge savings, but I am thrilled to be the mom I always hoped and prayed I could one day be. I do not take this job lightly, and I know that being a full time mom, and doing it to the best of my ability, is a big job. I'm up for the challenge. I was reminded last week at church of the old saying, "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". This is so true! It is my responsibility to set the tone for our day, remain calm, speak with love, use self-control, and teach my children through example how to respond to the unexpected... even the occasional jerk-o. I can't wait to see how God is going to use this new opportunity to change and bless our family!

Now I can check #1 off My List! :)

post signature

1 comment:

Hailey said...

That's wonderful friend! Such a blessing for all of you. When is baby #3 arriving? Ours is coming in December!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be shy, leave a comment!