Monday, January 31, 2011

The Verdict Is In... I'm not crazy.

A big shout out and thank you very much to all of you who confirmed that I am not, in fact, crazy. I pretty much suspected I was right, but it is good to have affirmation.  My mother has many strengths, but clearly picking out clothing for me is not one of them.  In the past couple of months, my mom has gifted some doozies of apparel choices.  This one last week was just the straw that broke the unfashionable daughter's back.  Before pulling this little ditty out of the shopping bag, she says... {clearing throat... and I quote...}
 "I walked past this sweater and said to myself... 'that is soooooo Michaela." 

Aghast, I asked "What part of this sweater, exactly, screamed my name?"  Apparently, this is my color.  Who knew.  Certainly not me.  My camera was on the couch next to me, so I said, "let me take a picture to show Gary... maybe you're right, maybe this isn't hideous... maybe it's what all the cool 32 year olds are wearing nowadays."  She then one ups me and dares me to post it on facebook to get my friends' opinions.  Oh they had opinions all right.  44 resounding No's.  So I one upped her, and posted it here too, to drive my point home.  Thank you for coming through.  I sincerely respect your fashion choices. 
Mom, I love you.  Please stop buying me clothes that were designed for the 80 and over set. 

Note to readers:  If you see this woman wandering around the mall, please steer her towards something cute.

Thank you.
post signature

3 comments:

Allie said...

Haha! Awesome! I had a feeling it was something like this ;)

Pamela said...

This must be one of the proudest moments of my life!!!!! In spite of it all, you made me laugh hysterically!!!! I may just buy the most hideous apparel I can find for you just to see your reaction.

Kari said...

Sa-weet post, Michaela - love it!! {Oh dear...I see it's only INSPIRED your Mom! Yikes!}

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be shy, leave a comment!